With a change of approach, estate agents are remaining open and house moves are allowed to continue.
January 2021 effectively brought us back to early 2020, with a few differences. A number of critical services remain available, including removals.
Apart from the property sector being a significant economic factor, moving home is part of life and often an essential one. Allowing estate agents, tradespeople and removal companies to operate makes sense, as long as they do so safely.
Having being given the right to operate during a lockdown, removals staff should prioritise Covid security above all else.
The removals trade and government departments have worked together, to create effective procedures for moving during coronavirus. Aspects from survey visits to moving day are covered, with social distancing and hygiene leading the way.
We still prefer not to think of these as entirely separate, when good removal practice has an impact on Covid safety:
- Please plan ahead and contact us as soon as possible. Detailed planning avoids mishaps and gives time to address your concerns.
- Strong packaging and clear labelling keep your possessions safe but also help to avoid issues which can increase contact.
- Ample room to park a removals vehicle and allow space around reduces contact, not least with people from other households.
- If anyone is attending the move, dress warmly, so we can keep windows open without discomfort and allow fresh air to circulate.
- For the same reason, ensuring the power is on helps, along with other utilities which may be useful in maintaining hygiene.
- Make an extra effort to keep key items with you, from medication, to documents, phones, or anything you will immediately need.
The theme of most of the above is evident, apart from avoiding damage to your treasured items, contact and movement are reduced, perhaps injuries, or accidents. During the pandemic, a sound approach brings added benefits.
Enjoying Your Move
A professional approach matters for protection from the virus and makes moving day more of a pleasure. You don’t want people wandering around your new home trying to find where items belong, or see them damaged.
Good hygiene is also welcome for dual reasons, as is clear thought from removals staff on every action they take. There are differences in moving during the pandemic but part of this simply reflects the service you should always receive.
If we can assist in any practical way, or help to plan your move during different times, please get in touch.