Alongside offering the best possible removals service, Farrer & Fenwick have a duty to preserve client confidentiality. A duty we take seriously, part of feeling safe with the support you receive.
As far as the law and removal requirements allow, we will protect your personal information, unless you have agreed for this to be shared.
Whether during distant contact, such as emails, or telephone calls, or when meeting in person, your wishes on privacy are observed, along with regulatory requirements.
Regulation & Your Rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 was used to implement EU wide, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which was transferred to UK law after Brexit. This gives individuals more choice on how their data is used, along with greater fairness and transparency.
The focus of regulation is on complex data gathering organisations, personal profiling and consent. Whilst we only gather data as part of an open process, keeping in line with regulation still makes sense.
The data controller for information collected via this website is Farrer and Fenwick Removals Ltd. Barracks Farm, Cobham Road, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9TP.
Our lawful basis for processing your data is legitimate interest in meeting client requests, where potential clients freely provided their data. This may be retained for current and future support.
You should be aware of your rights under GDPR:
- To know what information is collected and how – In this case supplied by you, via a form, or email.
- To understand how your data is used – We only use your personal data for removals & storage services.
- To access your data and have this corrected, or deleted – We are happy to comply, well within the month allowed.
- To know if your data will be shared – Other than internally, we may share data with removals support services.
- To be aware of unknown, or untoward effects – More applicable to social, or ad data, we knowingly cause no ill effect.
- Not to be subject to automated decision making, or profiling – Again, more ad, or social network related.
Ensuring Data Privacy
If you have any queries on GDPR compliance, or on any aspect of privacy, or data management, please contact us.
You also have a right to raise concerns about the way your data is being managed with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Beyond legislation, a key aspect of protecting personal information is understanding why you are collecting this and identifying what is necessary:
- Before, or at the time of collecting personal information, we identify the purposes of collection.
- Information will be collected solely to fulfil these recognised purposes, or for related objectives.
- We only retain information for the fulfillment of these purposes and to provide future support.
- Every effort is made to ensure data remains relevant to the task, accurate, complete and up to date.
- Information is never shared with any party for commercial reasons, only to facilitate your objectives.
- Data will be protected by reasonable security safeguards, against loss, abuse, theft, or unwanted access.
- Data is collected by lawful, fair means and whenever possible, with the consent of the person concerned.
This approach fits with legislation and our belief that your data is your property, to be used for purposes you would accept.
No Website Cookies
Whilst clicking on cookie notices has become more common, we prefer to save our customers the trouble and have implemented a cookie free website.
We never used cookies which were significant, such as those which track all of us and ensure ads follow us around the web. However, even fairly innocuous types ended up being dragged into legislation and regulatory oversight.
The implementation is unlikely to change and after much discussion, even Google’s new analytics system, meant to be GDPR compliant, has been deemed not to be.
This website uses a different form of monitoring, which is GDPR compliant, yet still helps us to understand user behaviour and improve the website. The way videos are added has also changed, to avoid any cookie use.
Beyond the non tracking link we offer for you to validate British Association of Removers membership, there is no advertising, or external data sharing on this website. The only purpose is providing information on our own removals services.
On privacy, data and cookie management, we are committed to the principles above and to the importance of confidentiality. If you wish to see more on cookies, by all means follow this ICO link for details.